Between the large machinery, the hustle and bustle of the construction site, as well as the heavy tools, machines and materials moving, it is not a surprise that accidents occur at Southern Missouri construction sites. In the best case, the accident is minor, and you can recuperate quickly. But what happens if your accident is severe and you require months of costly medical bills and rehabilitation to recover from your construction accident?
If you have been seriously injured at a construction site, contact Privette Law Office. We recognize the emotional and physical toll a construction accident can take on your life. We compassionately handle catastrophic loss claims, personal injury claims, worker’s compensation claims, and lawsuits for construction accident cases across Southern Missouri. Contact Privette Law Office today to schedule a free consultation.
What should I do after being in a Southern Missouri construction accident?
Seek medical attention immediately after you are in a construction accident. Your injuries may be more severe than they initially appear, so seek medical attention even if you think the injury is minor. Inform the medical provider if you were working when you suffered the injury.
If you were a bystander when the injury occurred, try to take pictures of the scene, document the address of where the injury occurred, and what company vehicles you recall or the markings on the vehicles.
If you were working when the accident occurred, report your accident to your supervisor. For worker’s compensation purposes, you must provide the notice in writing and include the following:
- Your name and address
- Date, time, and place of your accident
- Type of injury that you suffered
Keep records of the notification to your supervisor, pictures of the scene, medical care, and anything related to the accident or injuries.
What causes construction accidents?
According to the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration, the top four hazards resulting in deaths from construction accidents are the following:
- Falls – such as falls from scaffolding or a ladder
- Struck-by accidents – when a moving object, such as a construction vehicle, strikes you
- Caught-in or caught-between accidents – examples include cave-ins, being pulled into machinery, or being crushed between objects
- Electrocutions – such as electrocution by contact with power lines or the electrical current from tools or other equipment
Other injuries may be a result of the following:
- Slip and falls
- Faulty products or devices
- Exposure to chemicals
- Fires or explosions
- Traffic collisions
What are common construction accident injuries with which Privette Law Office helps?
The construction accident lawyers of Privette Law Office are here to help you if you were involved in a construction accident in Southern Missouri. Injuries with which we can help include the following:
- Broken limbs
- Back or Spinal injuries
- Traumatic Brain injuries
- Vision or hearing loss
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Other crush injuries, such as bleeding, bruising, and nerve injuries
What are my deadlines for pursuing a worker’s compensation claim or personal injury lawsuit?
Worker’s compensation claims must be filed within two years of the injury. If the accident resulted from someone else’s negligence, we must file your personal injury lawsuit within five years.
When we file a personal injury lawsuit or a claim for worker’s compensation, we will ensure that your claim is filed timely. Hiring one of our Southern Missouri construction accident attorneys also means that you will have an attorney on your side advocating for what you need throughout the entire legal process.
How much money is my lawsuit worth?
The value of your lawsuit depends on the severity of your injuries and the causes of your accident. To understand the value of your lawsuit, we will consider the magnitude of your injuries and the medical and rehabilitative care you may need going forward. We will also consider whether the at-fault party was reckless in their conduct. The compensation will take into account the following:
- Current and future Medical bills
- Current and future lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium (the loss of the relationship your spouse has with you)
How can a Southern Missouri construction accident attorney help me?
The Southern Missouri construction accident attorneys of Privette Law Office are compassionate and approachable but not pushovers. We have experience getting results for our clients in and out of the courtroom.
We are ready to learn about your experience when you come to us. You will tell us about your work, the accident, your injuries, and how the accident affected your life. Our Southern Missouri construction accident lawyers will:
- Investigate your construction accident to understand who is responsible for the accident and what ways you may be able to recover compensation
- Gather evidence of your injuries and the long-term effects of the injuries on your life, family, and career
- File claims for worker’s compensation or insurance on your behalf when you are eligible to do so
- Pursue a lawsuit for your claims if we are not able to settle the claims and vigorously fight for the compensation you need in court
Contact the Southern Missouri Construction Accident Attorneys at Privette Law Office Today
Have our family of lawyers fight for you and the compensation you deserve for your construction accident. Contact Privette Law Office today to get started with a free consultation.