Car accidents in Southern Missouri can leave you with devastating injuries. After the accident, the hospital will send you bills for your medical care. Your job may only allow you a short amount of time to recover. And you may be emotionally scarred.
You need a compassionate and professional lawyer on your side as you recover. Contact Privette Law Office today to schedule a free consultation with one of our car accident attorneys. The Southern Missouri car accident attorney is ready to resolve your claims with insurance companies, bring your lawsuit to trial, and pursue the compensation you deserve.
After a Car Accident
If you were involved in a car accident:
- Move the vehicles to the side of the road. If you can safely move the car, then you should move the car to the curb.
- Call 911 or the local police department. Missouri law requires individuals to alert the local police department as soon as possible after a car accident in the city. Specifically, if the crash resulted in death, injury, or property damage of at least $500 or more, you must notify the police department about your car accident.
- Gather information about the accident and other drivers. Gather the insurance, license plate, and driver’s license information for all drivers involved in the accident. Take pictures or video of the accident, the vehicle damage, road signs, or any other conditions that may have contributed to the accident.
- Seek medical attention. Not all injuries will be apparent after a car accident. So it is essential to seek medical attention as soon as possible after the accident.
- Contact a Southern Missouri car accident attorney.
Causes of Southern Missouri Car Accidents
In Missouri, all drivers must operate their motor vehicles carefully and prudently. When drivers fail to operate their vehicles carefully, car accidents may occur. Some common causes of car accidents include:
- Speeding – exceeding the posted speed limit on a road or highway
- Distracted driving – talking on the phone, texting while driving, eating, and interacting with other passengers can all lead to distracted driving
- Driving while under the influence – driving after consuming legal drugs, illegal drugs, or alcohol can lead to impaired driving
- Reckless driving – driving without regard for the other vehicles, bicycles, or pedestrians on the road
- Fatigued driving – driving while tired, which leads to an effect similar to driving while impaired
Several non-driver-related factors may cause a car accident, such as:
- Weather – the sun can cause blind spots, and rain or snow can make road conditions dangerous
- Road maintenance – when a road has not been adequately maintained, it can lead to a crash
- Mechanical Defects – a defective car part may malfunction and cause an accident
Common Car Accident Injuries
The severity of your accident will vary depending on the circumstances leading to the accident, the weather conditions, and the safety features available in your vehicle. However, some types of injuries are more common in car accidents than others:
- Head, neck, and spinal injuries, including whiplash, concussions and other traumatic brain injuries, paralysis, lacerations, and cuts
- Chest and abdominal injuries, including injuries to internal organs, internal bleeding, broken ribs, or a broken collarbone
- Leg and arm injuries, including broken bones, lacerations, and cuts
Compensation for Car Accident
The damages you may recover will vary. The severity of your physical and emotional injuries will affect your damages award. If your car sustained damages, your damages award might reflect the costs to repair or replace your damaged vehicle.
When we file an insurance claim or lawsuit on your behalf, the goal will be to repay you for the injuries you suffered. Thus, you may recover payments for the following:
- Medical bills for medical services you already received
- Costs for the medical care you will need in the future
- Lost wages for the days of work you missed while recovering from your injuries
- Costs of future lost wages if, for example, you cannot return to the same position because of your injuries
- Charges for any property damage, including the cost to repair or replace your vehicle
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
The car accident lawyers at Privette Law Office have years of experience seeking and winning millions of dollars for our clients. Choosing us means you benefit from our skills and knowledge as we pursue compensation for you.
A Southern Missouri Car Accident Lawyer Can Help You
If you suffered injuries in Southern Missouri due to someone else’s negligence, you want to have a Southern Missouri car accident attorney that will support your recovery process. It can be time-consuming to deal with insurance claims. And what happens if the insurance companies offer you a small settlement? You want a Southern Missouri car accident attorney who fights for your rights and takes the necessary steps to seek the money you need to recover.
A Southern Missouri car accident attorney will:
- File insurance claims with the insurance companies
- Handle all communication between the insurance companies regarding the claims
- Negotiate with the insurance companies and negligent parties to compensate you for your injuries
- File a lawsuit within the deadlines, if a lawsuit is necessary
- Serve as an advocate for your needs throughout the entire process
- Answer any questions and address any concerns as you focus on your recovery from your injuries
Contact the Southern Missouri Car Accident Attorney at Privette Law Office Today
The Southern Missouri car accident attorneys of Privette Law Office are ready to help you. Let us focus on getting you compensation while you focus on recovering from your injuries. Contact us today so we can get started.