Being injured in a crash can turn your world upside down. When another party’s negligence, recklessness, or malicious conduct is the cause, you deserve just compensation. That’s where Privette Law Office comes in. We are known for providing quality legal representation and caring, efficient service to personal injury victims throughout Southern Missouri.
When you meet with us, we will work with you to evaluate your claim and the best course of action. Our team has an impressive track record of success, having recovered millions of dollars for injury victims like you. We offer free consultations, and there is never a fee until we recover for you. Contact our Willow Springs office today to get started with an experienced personal injury attorney.
Serving Personal Injury Victims in Southern Missouri With Dignity and Compassion
At Privette Law Office, our personal injury attorneys skillfully handle claims arising from:
- Car Accidents – All drivers in Southern Missouri and around the state have a duty of care to drive safely, maintain their vehicles and avoid injuring others. Collisions are usually caused by driver errors, such as distracted driving, drunk or drugged driving, speeding, reckless driving, and other traffic violations. We know how to hold negligent drivers accountable and will fight to protect your rights.
- Workplace Accidents – Injured workers are typically covered under worker’s compensation insurance which provides benefits such as partial wage replacement, medical expenses, and temporary or permanent disability. Our legal team will fight for the benefits you need and deserve and also determine whether you may have a valid third-party claim.
- Construction Accidents – Although construction workers are covered under Missouri’s Workers’ Compensation program, a personal injury claim can be filed if a construction accident results from safety violations or third-party negligence.
- Slip and Fall Accidents – Property owners are legally obligated to maintain their property and warn visitors of any hazards. Unfortunately, slip and falls accidents frequently result from slippery surfaces, broken steps, raised sidewalks, poor lighting, and other hazards. Anyone can be seriously injured in a fall, but the elderly and children are most at risk.
- Premises Liability – If you have been injured on another party’s property due to the owner’s negligence, you may have a valid premises liability claim. Our attorneys regularly represent individuals who have been injured due to slips and falls, dog bites, and violent crimes arising from negligent security.
- Pedestrian Accidents – Drivers in Southern Missouri and around the state must be aware of their surroundings and look out for pedestrians. Although pedestrians are required to exercise reasonable care for their own safety and must wait for walk signals at traffic lights, use marked crosswalks, avoid walking alongside the road, and use sidewalks when provided, negligent drivers must be held accountable for pedestrian accidents.
- Truck Accidents – Drivers have no choice but to share the roads and highways with trucks and tractor-trailers. Because of the size and weight of a typical commercial truck, a collision can lead to catastrophic and even fatal injuries to occupants of smaller vehicles. If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident, we will provide you with powerful representation when you need it most.
- Medical Malpractice – Doctors have a duty to provide patients with the appropriate standard of care – the level of care a reasonably trained physician would have provided under similar circumstances. If you have suffered an injury due to the negligence of a doctor, surgeon, nurse, hospital, or another healthcare provider, we can help you pursue a medical malpractice lawsuit.
- Sexual Assault – Rape and sexual assault are heinous offenses that result in criminal convictions and prison sentences. Victims can recover damages by pursuing a personal injury claim against the perpetrator, even if that individual was not convicted.
- Dog Bites – Most dogs are friendly pets, however, thousands of people are injured in dog bite incidents each year, half of them children. Missouri follows a strict liability dog bite law, which means the owner can be held liable even if they took reasonable care to restrain the dog or otherwise prevent the attack from occurring.
- Wrongful Death – Losing a loved one is difficult, but if their death was caused by another person’s negligence, the burden can be overwhelming. Our firm can help you pursue a wrongful death lawsuit to obtain compensation and find justice.
No matter what type of accident caused your injuries, trust Privette Law Office to fight for the maximum compensation you deserve.
How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
No two claims are the same, but you may be entitled to significant compensation, including economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages cover financial losses such as:
- Medical expenses
- Rehabilitative costs
- Lost wages – present and future
- Property damage
- Attorneys’ fees and court costs
Noneconomic damages are designed to compensate you for intangible losses, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Permanent disability
- Permanent disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
If the defendant’s conduct was egregious or illegal (e.g. driving under the influence, sexual assault) you may be awarded punitive damages. These damages are intended to punish the defendant’s misconduct and deter others from similar behavior.
How Long Do I Have to File a Claim in Southern Missouri?
Generally, the statute of limitations to file an injury claim is 5 years from the date of injury, but there are exceptions. The deadline for medical malpractice is 2 years from the date of negligence and 3 years for wrongful death. In any event, it is essential to contact our personal injury attorneys as soon as possible so we can assess your statute of limitations timeline, begin collecting evidence that supports your claim and identify and interview witnesses while their memories are fresh.
Contact Our Experienced Southern Missouri Personal Injury Attorneys Today!
If you or a loved one has been injured due to someone else’s negligence, turn to Privette Law Office. Backed by nearly 40 years of experience, we have a proven history of achieving positive outcomes in and out of the courtroom. The sooner you contact our office, the better off you will be.
Privette Law Office helps personal injury victims across Southern Missouri including Howell County, Greene County, Wright County, and Butler County. We handle cases in cities such as Springfield, Poplar Bluff, West Plains, and Joplin all from our main office in Willow Springs.