When a tractor-trailer and a car battle on a highway, the car almost always loses. But what happens after the accident if you or your loved one were the driver or passenger in the car? Severe injuries and even death are common when an accident involves a truck.
While you are grieving your loved one or recovering from your injuries, turn to the compassionate Southern Missouri truck accident attorneys at Privette Law Office. Privette Law Office has years of experience getting results for our clients, whether they have been involved in car accidents or injured in other ways. We understand that, at this time, your focus should be on grieving or recovering. Contact the truck accident attorneys at Privette Law Office today so you can begin to move forward with your life.
Truck Accidents in Southern Missouri
Unfortunately, truck accidents are common around the country. Several factors contribute to truck accidents, such as:
- Distracted driving, including eating or using a phone while driving
- Road conditions and weather
- Road construction
- Driving under the influence of prescription medications, alcohol, drugs
- Fatigued driving
- Improper maintenance of the truck
- Insufficient training for a truck driver
Typical Injuries from Truck Accident
When a car and a tractor-trailer get into an accident, people in the car are at higher risk of getting seriously hurt or dying because of the weight difference between the two vehicles. Because of these serious injuries, seeking medical attention after your truck accident is crucial to ensure you get the needed medical care.
Injuries you may suffer in a truck accident can cause lasting effects and include:
- Brain and head injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Neck injuries
- Broken bones
- Internal bleeding
- Damage to the organs
- Lacerations and burns
The injuries you suffer can lead to surgeries, amputations of limbs, and long-term medical care for your injuries.
Liability for the Truck Accident
Just as the causes of a truck accident can vary, the individuals and organizations responsible for a truck accident also vary. In general, though, one of the following individuals or organizations may be found accountable:
- The driver of the truck
- The employer of the driver
- The owner of the tractor or the trailer
- The manufacturer of the truck
Compensation for the Truck Accident
After a truck accident, our justice and insurance systems resolve your claims by compensating you with money. In determining how much money you may be eligible to receive from the parties responsible for the accident, we will consider:
- The extent of your injuries, including whether you will need ongoing medical care and the amount you have already expended for medical and psychological care
- The extent of your pain and suffering after the accident or your loved one’s pain and suffering before they died
- The amount of wages or salary you lost both while recovering from the accident and if the injuries affect your ability to work in the future
- The extent of the damages to your car or other property that occurred as a result of the accident
- The amount your family paid for burial and funeral costs and your family’s loss of the relationship with the loved one in cases where you lost a loved one
You Need an Experienced Southern Missouri Truck Accident Attorney
Privette Law Office is here to help you seek justice for your injuries or the loss of a loved one. We will support you through the entire process, from investigating the accident to proving your case in court, if that is what is needed to seek justice.
Privette Law Office will hire experts to identify the factors leading to your truck accident and who may be responsible for the accident. The truck accident lawyer will work to gather evidence, including statements from any witnesses to the accident or to other conduct that led to your accident. The lawyer will collect documentation of training records, log books of hours worked, maintenance records for the tractor-trailer, and any other evidence that could help prove who was at fault for the accident.
Privette Law Office will also take over communications with insurance companies and work to settle any claims with the insurance company so that you don’t have to. The attorneys at Privette Law Office will hire experts to identify the amounts we should be requesting to ensure that what the insurance company offers in a settlement will provide you with the financial relief you need.
Contact the Truck Accident Attorney at Privette Law Office Today
Privette Law Office is committed to fighting for your rights with empathy and tenacity. Through our years of experience obtaining favorable results for clients like you, our team is eager to listen to your story and lend a hand so you can move forward from your injuries or cope with your loss.
Schedule your free consultation with Privette Law Office today so we can evaluate your claim and help you choose your next steps.